I have some terrible news to admit to. I failed last week. When cody went out of town I drank zero glasses of water (expect last night when I went to dinner with the girls. SUPER fun BTW). How terrible am I?? So I am starting over. Well the 6 cups a day over. Not the whole thing over. Please no. I am getting tired of water.
Moving to the part of the month that makes everything seem fabulous. Birchbox love. I love Birchbox. Have you heard of it? It is getting pretty popular now and there is a waiting list to get on. Weird. Anyways, It is $10 a month and they send you 4-6ish beauty SAMPLES once a month (I am emphasizing samples because thats what they are. A lot of people complain on the BB FB page that they aren’t getting their full size products.) and sometimes you get full sized stuff but not often. But it is AMAZING. I love getting it. Sometimes the boxes are a bust. But sometimes they are pretty awesome! And you can earn points to earn you dollars to buy full sized products. ANYWAYS. Here was mine this month.
1. BVLGARI: Mon Jasmin Noir: It smells pretty good. Almost more of a classic sophisticated smell. It isn’t fruity, which is nice. The description card says it has waves of ripe fruit, though, so maybe I don’t really know what fruity smells like. it doesn’t smell sticky? lol is that a better way to describe it? I don’t feel like I am 12 wearing it.
So in my time of being a part of Birchbox, I have received 857298357293874 perfume samples. This is both good and bad.
Reasons its good: I never have to buy perfume again. I don’t have to go into a smelly store and get a headache trying to buy perfume. I get to try it multiple times to see if I like it enough.
Reasons it is not so good: I have 857298357293874 perfume samples. I would rather them send me something different for a few months or switch it up every other month or something.
2. LiQWd: “volumizing” Shampoo and conditioner: I haven’t had a chance to use this yet. I am excited that they gave me both, shampoo and conditioner. The last few times I only got shampoo and that kind of defeated the purpose for me. I can’t wait to try it out and let you know just how volumizing it is.
3. Color Club: Birchbox Custom Polish: I’m just going to say it. I don’t really like Color Club nail polish. It isn’t smooth going on and it chips really fast and my blue color turned white on my thumb when I washed my hands. Weird, right? They have some cool colors though. I got “Insta-This”. It is a little too 4th of july blue for me though.
I’m not gonna lie though. I do love getting polish in my box.
4. Dr. Jart+: Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF25: I have always been curious about BB cream. To be honest, I am not really sure exactly what it does and I have always been hesitant to use liquid/cream based makeup. I just don’t like the feeling and it makes me break out. BUT I will give it a shot and see what the craze is. Also, having the SPF in there makes me more willing to try it out. I am way too pasty white not to wear it every day.
5. LiQWd: Professional Volumizing Catalyst: I am ALWAYS looking for a good volumizer. My hair is pretty flat so its nice to have a little oomph in it. But I don’t like that sticky feeling that many of the sprays give off. I Have been trying out the Aquage Uplifting Foam but I am not sure how much I love it. So I can’t wait to try out this one from my BB.
6. twistband: Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie: I’m not too sure about these. First off, they are $22 for 12 hair ties. I don’t know about you, but I lose hair ties like it is nobody’s business. So they are pretty steep for me BUT they are pretty cute and give a little flair to your pony.
We also got a free digital download of Tristan Pettyman, September look book, and a Madewell coupon for $25 off when you spend $75. I love Birchbox even if I don’t love everything that comes in them. It is still something I look forward to every month. (Even if sometimes it is a week late in arriving.)
Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What did you get?